Research your own experience.
Absorb what is useful.
Reject what is useless.
Add what is essentially your own.
— Bruce Lee
I'm Roxine Kee, a writer, marketer, and designer based in Toronto, Canada.
This is my home on the internet where I write about doing creative work, productivity, and personal development. I also document and share my journey in this blog as I pursue creative career and build a consulting business.
Through this site, I want to inspire other creative professionals who want to make a living doing work they love.
Here's a short timeline of this site
- In 2014 I started this website in university because y'know, I've always wanted to have a blog. I wrote about school, productivity, and tried to sound smart. I start sending a weekly newsletter.
- In 2017, I got into freelance writing with my first regular client.
- In 2018, I graduated from university with a business degree and a job.. And quit a few months later to work on my freelance writing/content marketing business full-time.
- In 2019, I started The Creator Maker Life Podcast. I also decided that I wanted co-workers and a way to learn design on the job. So I took a part-time job at my church doing communications and marketing.
Design at its core is communication.
-- Tobias van Schneider
These days, I split my time between....
- Managing communications and marketing for one of the biggest Chinese churches in the Greater Toronto Area
- Helping a few clients with their marketing and communications (a Work with Me page to come soon!), and
- Learning valuable skills at the intersection of marketing and design
Basically, I work, I learn, and I write about working and learning. (I swear I'm a lot of fun at parties. 😂)