Hi, I’m Roxine – blogger, entrepreneur and copywriter.
I’m currently finishing up my degree in Business Technology Management in Toronto’s Ryerson University, and Defy Gravity is my home on the internet.
A Bit More About Myself
Think of me as your ambitious, A-type friend who’s always hustlin’ and always has a gazillion things going on – but is the first person you call when you need life advice, or want to bounce crazy ideas off of.
I’m that friend you talk about taking over the planet with… And you’re lowkey, kind-of scared because they might actually drag you along and do it.
But as you read my posts on how to land your dream job, how to make more money, how to get your life together, how to be more charismatic and how to be more productive… You might be thinking, who is this person? What makes her qualified to dole out advice on life?
I am SO glad you asked because my answer is, I have no formal qualifications.
I’m not a scientist, an expert, a guru or an old person with a lot of years under their belt. I haven’t made millions of dollars. I haven’t been to the Olympics. I haven’t even achieved all of my own goals yet!
All I am is a driven individual, who wants to help others and share the gifts God has given her with the world.
Thankfully, I have accomplished a fair bit in my 22 years, despite failing a whole lot.
Here are a few things I’m proud of:
- Committed to writing and blogging as my craft and helping others conquer life and achieve success on their own terms as my Life’s Task.
- Read almost 40 books every year for the past 2 years.
- Worked in 5 different positions for 4 different companies before graduating
- Made over $1,000 with my copywriting business.
- Almost made it to the Canadian Olympic Trials for swimming.
- Began waking up at 4AM to write.
- Took control of my finances.
- Simplified my life.
- Got my life together.
- Began performing at a high level consistently.
Basically, I try to stay just a little bit ahead of people my age so I can help shine a light on our path and lead the way. It’s hard… But someone’s gotta do it. Might as well be me. 🙂
What Defy Gravity’s About
Here in Defy Gravity, you’ll find actionable and motivational articles, specifically designed and written to help you conquer life and achieve success on your own terms… Even if you’re still in school.
The beauty of the internet is that with the right information, you can solve any problem, learn any skill and do anything you set your mind to.
I truly believe that you can become the person you’re dreaming to be… And I’m here to help you get there.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn about “common sense” stuff that society assumes you should know but, ironically, school and your parents never actually taught you. These are things like:
- How to figure out what you want to do in life – whether you have too many interests or you don’t have any,
- How to get more stuff done each day – even if you never seem to be able to do what you plan,
- How to be a fun and charismatic person – even if you’ve always been shy or socially awkward, and
- How to get your first job and kickstart a killer career – regardless of where you went to school or who your parents are.
You’ll also pick up some classic, time-tested principles that have been around for hundreds, even thousands, of years. You get the good stuff without the fluff and the BS.
Just a lot of straight, simple fire.
Sounds Sick. What’s the Next Step?
Put in your email down below to join me and over 1,000 other cool people who are shooting for their dreams.
Or else… Feel the #FOMO.
See you on the other side,
We do things that other people can’t or won’t do.
– Bob Bowman, coach of Michael Phelps